The ability to track your donor traffic is now available thanks to the support of UTM parameters. UTMs (short for Urchin Tracking Module) are pieces of information that accompany a link to your website. In this instance, they describe how and where a donor found your campaign page. That information can be used to understand and improve the effectiveness of a marketing campaign.
When applied, the following UTM parameters are now viewable in the Givebutter Transaction side panel and CSV export. 🔍
Campaign sourceindicates the social network, search engine, newsletter name, or other specific source driving the traffic.
- Examples: facebook, twitter, blog, newsletter, etc.
- UTM code: utm_source
- Sample code: utm_source=newsletter
Campaign mediumtracks the type of channel driving the traffic: organic social, paid social, email, etc.
- Examples: cpc, organic_social
- UTM code: utm_medium
- Sample code: utm_medium=organic_social
Campaign namegives each campaign a unique name so you can keep track of your efforts. This could be the product name, a contest name, a code to identify a specific sale or promotion, an influencer ID or a tagline.
- Examples: summer_gala, fall_walk
- UTM code: utm_campaign
- Sample code: utm_campaign=summer_gala
Campaign termis used to track paid keywords or key phrases.
- Examples: social_media, fall_ball
- UTM code: utm_term
- Sample code: utm_term=fall_ball
Campaign contentallows you to track different ads within a campaign as is perfect for A/B testing
- Examples: video_ad, text_ad, blue_banner, yellow_banner
- UTM code: utm_content
- Sample code: utm_content=video_ad
Refereris the address of the webpage where a person clicked a link that sent them to your page.
🛠️ A simple tool like this allows you to easily add campaign parameters to URLs.
Scanning QR codes is easier than ever with a brand new feature baked directly into the dashboard.
To access this feature, navigate to
Scan Ticketsthen choose the Campaign you'd like to scan for.
💅 Optimal Interface- The simple design with clear results allows high-volume ticket processing. You'll easily distinguish between a successful check-in, a ticket that has already been checked in, and an invalid ticket.
📵 No camera, no problem- Manually input ticket numbers to check in ticket holders.
Events have received a fresh coat of paint and some big updates!
The livestream feature has been relocated from the cover photo section to the event tab of the campaign. That means cover photos and livestreams can now coexist independently.
The core of this feature should feel similar to before. In addition, you'll have the option to schedule your livestream or control it manually. These new options give explicit control over when your patrons should see what.
Automatic Livestream Switching 🔁
When your livestream goes live, the campaign page will
automaticallyreplace your cover photo with your livestream (and vice versa) for active visitors when appropriate. They won't even have to refresh the page!
The livestream's end time is optional. Without it, the livestream will remain indefinitely as a replacement for the cover photo.
Digital Ticket Check-Ins 🎫✅
Previously, tickets were attached to email receipts and had to be checked in manually. This will continue to be the case for in-person events.
For digital events hosted on Givebutter, email receipts will contain a special link to the campaign page. This link will automatically check the viewer in when visited.
Calendar Invites 📅
Email receipts sent to donors will now include calendar invites, which allow them to create a calendar event pre-filled with details pertaining to the event.
Event Reminders 🔔
We've added reminders to events, which will be sent to all ticket holders 24 hours and 1 hour before the event start date.
Hybrid Events 🧜♀️
We want to offer ultimate flexibility in these uncertain times. To accomplish this, we are rolling out
Hybrid Events. Hybrid events provide the functionality of in-person events and digital events
in the same event. You can host an in-person event for a select group while offering a livestream for the wider audience at the same time.
Tickets- Tickets created for hybrid events will need to specify whether they are for the digital or in-person event. In-person tickets will have the PDF attachment, while digital tickets will have the "Check-in & Watch" link shown above.
Details- Livestream details will be shown on the campaign page under its own section. They will also be in the description of calendar invites and relevant emails.
We have not one but two new integrations to share with you!
Double the Donation- Increase the impact of your campaigns with employer-match functionality.
Mailchimp- Have better connections with your donors by building an audience through a custom subscription call to action.
You can find both of them in the Integrations tab of your Dashboard.
Double the Donation
We have added a native integration between Givebutter and Double the Donation. Nonprofits using 360MatchPro will be able to seamlessly embed matching gift search functionality in their donation forms with the flip of a switch. If you're interested in using Double the Donation to increase fundraising with corporate gift matching, sign up here.
Once you have connected your 360MatchPro account, donation forms will have an optional field for a donor to provide their employer. If provided, match-eligible donors will receive an email from Double the Donation containing steps to getting their donation matched by their employer.
When applicable, the donation form's confirmation page will have a direct link for donors to begin the process of getting their donation matched.
This Mailchimp integration is part of our continued effort to provide Pro and Premium customers with custom branding options. The Mailchimp integration allows you to replace the default Givebutter "subscribe" section, located on the donation form's confirmation page, with your own Mailchimp newsletter. Alternatively, you may remove it altogether.
To use this feature requires two steps:
- Integrate with Mailchimp from the Integrations tab in your Givebutter Dashboard. To do this you'll need a Mailchimp API key and the Audience ID of the audience you'd like donors to subscribe to.
- Enable "Custom Branding" in the "Branding" tab of your account settings. You'll then be able to set your new "Post-Gift Newsletter" setting to the "Use my Mailchimp list" option along with a call to action message.
See our help center article for a full, in-depth walkthrough of setting up and using your Mailchimp integration.
In honor of our new Supporter Feed, we've created a video to show you just how fun and interactive your fundraising campaigns have become.
About the new supporter feed
Givebutter's Supporter Feed has been a Butter Fam favorite for years. With its focus on building community in real-time, the Feed allows supporters to engage with your cause, and each other, in a fun way. We went Picasso on this brand new Supporter Feed to help you enhance the giving experience, including fresh design, comments, goal milestones, hiding, and more!
With the addition of the Contacts tab to the Dashboard, you will be able to view and manage your supporter history in one place. New supporters automatically create contacts while de-duplication logic keeps things neat and tidy. An up-to-date list of contacts will be generated from your supporter history, so don't worry about handling that manually.
Profiles and history- See each supporter in more detail with a full summary broken down into relevant sections. The Timeline section displays a chronological history of activity such as transactions, ticket purchases, and more.
Manage personal information- Handle personal data, emails, phone numbers, addresses, and social links. Mark an email, phone number, or address as the primary to ensure the right one is used.
View transaction, ticket, and recurring payment history- Data normally spread across three tabs are conveniently consolidated for each contact.
Export and search- Rest assured that the utilities you've come to expect (export and search) will be provided in the Contacts tab.
Merge contacts- The merge feature combines the current contact into another contact of your choosing, removing the original as a duplicate without sacrificing any data. Use caution! This action is irreversible.
We are most proud to share that this feature is
FREE! 🎉 That's
unlimited contactswith all of these features at no cost to you. Head over to your Dashboard to give it a try. We hope you love it!
Givebutter's Supporter Feed has been a (Butter) Fam Favorite for years. With its focus on building community, the Feed allows supporters of your campaign to engage with your cause, and each other, in a fun and organic way. Today, we are overjoyed to bring you a
brand newversion of the Supporter Feed to enhance the giving experience even more.
Features & Changes
🎨 Fresh design- We went Picasso on this one! The new Feed features a fresh design that looks and feels delightful to use.
📝 Dynamic activity text- The new Feed will now dynamically display text based on the support type of a supporter. Did they make a donation? Purchase a ticket? We'll show the correct message every time.
🔁 Recurring donations & Dedication- Now, when a supporter makes a recurring gift or dedication, that'll be displayed on the Feed.
💛 Hearts are more fun than ever- What's more fun than giving love? With a cool new animation, leaving a heart is more fun than ever.
💬 Comments- Yes, you read that right! You can now comment on Activities (donations, tickets, etc.) in the Supporter Feed. GIFs, emojis, and all.
👯♀️ Sharing- Activities in the Feed are now shareable. Visiting the link will pin the Activity to the top of the Feed.
🥅 Goal Milestones- If you have a goal on your campaign, we'll automatically post an update to the Feed when you reach a milestone of 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%.
📱 Infinite Scroll- No more clicking "Load more" when you reach the bottom of the page.
❌ Hiding- Admins and Editors can hide Activities in the feed directly from the page.
Other New Changes
🔴 Real-time Goal Bar- The goal bar now updates in real-time, as new donations come in. You no longer need to refresh the page to see the latest amount of money raised.
Today we are more widely (and officially), opening up Nonprofit Verification to all. All registered nonprofits are eligible to be verified on Givebutter and will receive a special badge and exclusive benefits. Read on to learn about the benefits and how to get verified in under 1 minute.
💸 Automated Payouts- Traditionally, all payouts made to your bank account need to be manually initiated from the Dashboard. For verified accounts on Givebutter, we can upgrade you to daily Automated Payouts.
✅ Verification badge on your campaign pages- Verified nonprofits are indicated by a special checkmark across all Givebutter pages, which gives donors peace of mind and added confidence when giving to your organization.
🙈 EIN number displayed on your email receipts- Your EIN is automatically included on all email receipts.
💰 Faster settlement time- Typically, all donations on Givebutter remain pending for 72 hours before they become available for withdrawal. When verified, your payments will settle in just 48 hours.
🏦 ACH Payments- Allow your supporters to donate using their bank accounts. ACH Payments have a lower Processing Fee of 1.9% + 30¢ per transaction. That is 1% lower than all other payment methods on Givebutter!
Note: if your nonprofit was verified with Givebutter prior to December 2nd, 2020, you will need to complete the new verification process. Don’t worry! We won’t remove your verification badge right away, but we recommend completing the new verification process as quickly as possible. The new verification is more secure and also includes the new faster settlement times for your transactions!
More new features
💌 Branded email subjects- Email receipts to your supporters now display your organization's name instead of "Givebutter".
We are extremely excited to bring you a HUGE update to the Givebutter Dashboard. With over 100+ new features, design updates, and bug fixes, this is our biggest update to the dashboard ever. Read on for the highlights.
- Account Settings have been reorganized into more contextual tabs featuring new iconography, making it easier to find exactly what you need.
- You can now add Funds / Designations to your campaigns, allowing supporters to select where they'd like to designate their gift.
- Export your list of Funds to a CSV with one click.
- We've added a Billing tab to manage your Givebutter subscriptions to Giving Hubs, Pro, or Premium. Update your card info, cancel your plan, and view / print invoices.
- The Campaigns tab now features more digestible information about how much you’ve raised at a glance.
- We've added quick action buttons to Copy, View, and Edit a campaign.
- The Campaign Manager has been reorganized to help you get things done quicker.
- Enable additional recurring payment options for your campaign (one-time, monthly, quarterly, and yearly).
- Set a default recurring payment frequency for your campaign.
- Allow supporters to pay via check and include a custom message with instructions on where to mail the check.
- Set the default fund for your campaign.
- Hide the fund selection on your campaign so that all transactions automatically credit your default fund.
- Make your campaign unlisted / private to hide it from your Landing Page (or Giving Hub) and Givebutter's Explore page.
- Added copy / view buttons to your campaign link.
- Reorder custom fields.
- Customize the Fundraise button text.
- Search your team members.
- Search your teams.
- Search your transactions.
- Redesigned transaction sidebar with collapsible sections.
- Mark your transactions as acknowledged to keep track of ones you've viewed or thanked.
- Quick actions for emailing and calling a supporter right from the sidebar.
- Added a search bar to the campaign filter.
- Added a search bar to the New button.
- Resend email receipts to your supporters with one click.
- Edit the team credited with a transaction.
- Edit the fund credited with a transaction.
- See the frequency of a recurring payment.
- See when a recurring payment started.
- Search your recurring payments.
- Export your recurring payments to a CSV.
- Redesigned tickets tab with more information.
- Revoke tickets that have been refunded or canceled.
- Redesigned chapters tab.
- Search your chapters.
- Export your chapters to a CSV.
- Tables, buttons, fields, and other elements have been redesigned for more clarity and consistency.
- Faster performance when moving through the dashboard.
- Your Dashboard can now be found at https://dashboard.givebutter.com
- The ThankView Integration can now be managed in the dashboard.
- Zapier no longer requires accepting the invite, find us directly in your Zapier dashboard.
We hope you enjoy this update as much as we do. Check our your Dashboard to see all the new features in action.
We are excited to announce that we've partnered up with ThankView, the leader in video marketing amongst schools and nonprofits, to bring you...ThankGiving!
Combine the best in personalized stewardship and fundraising under one roof to help you raise more money, thank donors faster, and improve ROI tracking. With ThankGiving, you can easily record and send thousands of one-on-one videos for appeals, solicitations, and thank-yous – via email and text message – all fully-integrated with the Givebutter platform.
Close the Fundraising Loop 🔄
Personalize with Video Appeals –Create individualized video solicitations coupled with branded forms and fundraising pages
Raise More Money –Collecting donations and raising funds as a team has never been easier with almost all payment forms accepted and transparent low fees
Say "Thank You" Faster –Donor data is instantly added into ThankView so you can start stewarding right away
Track Progress & Analyze Results –We’ve married engagement analytics with donation data to showcase your ROI & help make the next step
Personalized Video, Meet Givebutter 💛
Push Donor Data Directly Into ThankView ⚡️
Fully-integrated –Automatically add donors to ThankView campaigns to thank them within seconds of a gift being made
Data-driven personalization –Instantly pull in relevant data points like donation amount, designation and years giving to personalize each message
Powerful conversion tracking –Track all your donations in your ThankViews metrics dashboard to see your ROI in real-time